I saw the Oppo HA-2 headphone amplifier as a pre-production version at the headroom portable audio show earlier this year. It was a sleek, thin, elegant and aesthetically pleasing piece of equipment that is soft to the touch.
This week you can buy it, but for now just take a sneek peek, it’s lovely. We will have review here as soon as we can.
The HA-2 features:
• An ultra slim leather feel design
• multiple smartphone connectivity, including iOS and Android and connectivity for PC or Mac
• a rechargeable battery that can even be used to top up a smartphone
• a high performance 32 bit EES Sabre reference DAC (sounds slightly over the top)
• support for hi resolution PCM audio up to 384kHz/32 bit and DSD audio up to 12 Mhz (remember CD quality is 44.1kHz and 16 bit)
• 30 minutes to recharge the battery
At a SRP of £259 this is going to be a fast selling headphone amplifier for excellent sound quality enhancement. We will have a sample in due course for review, and I can’t wait.